Main Article Content
Post-traumatic diaphragmatic hernia is a solution of continuity of the diaphragmatic dome which can be complicated by the intra thoracic passage of the abdominal organs. It is most often located on the left, often asymptomatic except in the case of a complication, notably a strangulation which can lead to a vital prognosis, hence the importance of mentioning it in the event of any closed thoraco abdominal trauma. We report the case of a jeun patient aged 45 with a previous stab wound to the left lower thoracic level, admitted for a left diaphragmatic hernia revealed by respiratory distress.
2. Hassine E, Racil H, Marniche K, et al. Intrathoracic strangulated diaphragmatic hernia. Rev Mal Respir. 2003;20:767-771.
3. Shimi, Abdelkarim, Khatouf, Mohamed. Post-traumatic diaphragmatic hernia. The Pan African Medical Journal. 2015;20:16-16.
4. Kafih M, Boufettal R. Post-traumatic diaphragmatic hernia revealed by stercoral pleurisy (about a case). Journal of Clinical Pulmonology. 2009;65(1):23-26.
5. Peer, Syed Murfad, Devaraddeppa, Patil Mallikarjun, Buggi, Shashidhar. Traumatic diaphragmatic hernia-our experience. International Journal of Surgery. 2009;7(6): 547-549.
6. Beigi, Ali Akbar, Masoudpour, Hassan, Sehhat, Siavoush, et al. Prognostic factors and outcome of traumatic diaphragmatic rupture; 2010.
7. Alper, Bilal, Vargun, Rahsan, Kologlu, Meltem Bingol, et al. Late presentation of a traumatic rupture of the diaphragm with gastric volvulus in a child: Report of a case. Surgery Today. 2007;37(10):874-877.
8. Bège T, Berdah SV, Brunet C. Knife wounds and their management in the emergency room. La Presse Médicale. 2013;42(12):1572-1578.
9. Kabore, Rawéléguinbasba Armel Flavien, Bandre, Emile, Tapsoba, Toussaint, et al. Post-traumatic diaphragmatic hernia in children: about a case at the Center Hospitalier Universitaire Pédiatrique Charles de Gaulle in Ouagadougou. Pan African Medical Journal. 2014;16(1).
10. Rabiou S, Sani R, Lakranbi M, et al. Place of laparotomy in the treatment of intrathoracic septic complications of post-traumatic diaphragmatic hernias. Tropical Medicine and Health. 2019;29 (1):84-87.